[keycloak-user] First User login with LDAP integration - very slow

Shetty, Shweta Shweta.Shetty at Teradata.com
Fri Feb 1 14:40:08 EST 2019

Hi Folks,
We have integrated keycloak with LDAP Federation and we are having issues with first login of users after a group sync.

1)       Do group sync with group-ldap mapper

2)       Login user1 with 60 groups from LDAP – it takes anywhere from 9sec-10sec.

3)       This first login time increases with increase in groups

Has anyone seen this issue before? We are very particular about the time taken during the user login. Did anyone mitigate this issue
with any configuration changes or such? Is this a known issue? Any advice is highly appreciated.

It looks like its building the cache with user and group – is there any way to do this caching for users before the users login to speed things up ?

Thanks