[keycloak-user] Getting a user's CredentialRepresentation via the REST API

Doswald Alistair alistair.doswald at elca.ch
Thu Feb 21 04:47:30 EST 2019

Hello,

I've been looking to get a user's CredentialRepresentation(s) via the REST API but it doesn't seem possible. Getting the UserRepresentation doesn't get the user's credentials and I haven't found another function (this is with Keycloak 4.8.3.Final).

Am I missing something? Or if not is this a bug (credentials should be sent with the UserRepresentation) or a design decision (sending credentials over the REST API would be a security flaw).

Best regards,

Alistair Doswald