[keycloak-user] 'User not found' for existing users on login

Louie, Betty Betty.Louie at leidos.com
Tue Feb 26 19:28:42 EST 2019

Hello,

We’re encountering a weird issue for one of our users where they’re unable to login even though their account exists. We’re able to see their account through the admin console and we’re able to impersonate as the user to access our application but when we attempt to login through the login forms, we get the following error/warning:

WARN [org.keycloak.events] (default task-3) type=LOGIN_ERROR, realmId=demoRealm, clientId=demoClient, userId=null, ipAddress=127.0.0.1, error=user_not_found, auth_method=openid-connect, auth_type=code, redirect_uri=https://mydomain.com/demoRealm/#/, code_id=485242e7-bddf-4381-b33d-0e0ab9f56922, username=demoUser

Our users are stored in a postgres db and we’re not doing anything special with our authentication flow. So far, this issue is specific to one user and we’d like to understand why this is happening. Has anyone else encountered this issue and was able to resolve it short of deleting their account? Or if anyone has any ideas and could point us in a possible direction, that’d be great! We’re unsure of how a user could even get into a state like this in the first place.

Thanks,
Betty