[keycloak-user] Policy Enforcing for nodejs REST Api

Lasse Jahn lasse.jahn at student.hpi.de
Tue Jun 4 04:23:40 EDT 2019

Hey Pedro,

sorry for the really late reply. There've been some other issues I had
to fix first before I could come back to authorization. But now I try to
get this done.

Unfortunately I don't really get the thing with the resources and the
regarding URIs.

I want the keycloak enforcer middleware only called at the one point,
like I explained. Based on the called route (e.g. /api/users or
api/devices) I would like to have only the permissions of the resource
evaluated.

I guess somehow I just miss a thing and it should be easy possible.

What I did:
1. Created 2 resources (users, devices with URIs "/api/users" or
"/api/devices"
2. Created 2 permission and policy (users grant always, devices deny always)
3. Added the keycloak enforcer middleware before the router.

****
     app.use('/api', keycloak.enforcer(['users', 'devices']), routes);
****

Unfortunately when I access /api/devices this is allowed.

I would like to create resources on the client and have one policy per
each to decide. Is it possible, that the enforcer checks which resource
is requested and uses only that one.

If not what is the URI of a resource for?

Regards Lasse