[keycloak-user] Keycloak Offline User Sessions and Online User Sessions

Nagendra Darla dvv.nagendra at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 16:16:52 EDT 2019

Hello Keycloak experts,

We have below challenges in out project where we are building User Access
Management using Keycloak.

   1. *Offline User Sessions:* When a Offline token is used from two
   different machines, There is only one Session that will be created and
   session will have the IP address of the machine from where the User Session
   is first created. Because of this we cannot suspect any suspicious activity
   by hackers. Should n't we create different sessions even though same
   offline token is used from different machines.
   2. *Why there is no separate REST end point to get only Online User
   Sessions: *Below REST end point returns all the User Sessions ie., both
   Offline and Online User Sessions.

GET /{realm}/clients/{id}/user-sessions

You help is much appreciated !

Thank you,