[keycloak-user] [Keycloak-admin-client] An error message when changing password.

Dmitry Telegin demetrio at carretti.pro
Mon May 27 18:35:03 EDT 2019

Privet, Alexey :)

Here's how password reset is done with Keycloak Admin REST API, assuming password policy violation:

> PUT http://localhost:8080/auth/admin/realms/master/users/{user-id}/reset-password
> {"type":"password","value":"foo","temporary":false}

< 400 Bad Request
< {"error":"invalidPasswordMinLengthMessage","error_description":"Invalid password: minimum length 8."}

If I understand correctly, you get a javax.ws.rs.BadRequestException from the Java admin client. You could try calling getResponse().getEntity() on the exception object to obtain JSON response.

Cheers,
Dmitry Telegin

Carretti Consulting OÜ | Keycloak Consulting and Training
Sepapaja 6, Tallinn 15551, Estonia | info at carretti.pro