[keycloak-user] [Keycloak-admin-client] An error message when changing password.

Алексей Виноградов vinogradov.a.i.93 at gmail.com
Mon May 27 03:51:10 EDT 2019

Hello everyone.

I have a question about REST API of the Keycloak. When I attempt to change
password via REST API of user to that password that not meets security
constraints of Keycloak, I recieve BadRequestError without additional
information of what goes wrong. But when I change password in
Administration console I see an exact error.

So, how can I get a exact problem what wrong with my password?

My usecase is that:
I have a frontend (html/css) that communicates with a backend that
communicates with the Keycloak. An user wants to change password of his/her
account so he/she click on button on some form, and makes a request to
backend to change password. A backend processes that request and ask
Keycloak to change user password. In case that password doesn't meet
security constraint I want to provide to user exact error.

Thanks to all.
Best regards,
Vinogradov Alexey
vinogradov.a.i.93 at gmail.com