Documentation

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 03:18:59 EDT 2009

Hi Mike,

I hope my previous comment did not discourage your will to contribute to
Netty.  I actually appreciate your help very much!

On 07/06/2009 12:07 AM, Mike McGrady wrote:
> So, following up on my last post on this, what I propose to do, if you
> like, is:
>
> FIRST to continue my study of Netty with a view to learning what is
> going on and documenting the process.  I do a lot of graphics in
> learning a new framework or app.
>
> SECOND to make the artifacts of this process available for use as
> people see fit; not as a standalone "product".

Great idea.  Feel free to contribute some SVG or Visio or ODG files you
produced.  They will be great addition to the current documentation.  I
prefer vector graphics formats because it is scalable and it contains
editable texts.  Inkscape is the most popular open source SVG editor.
You can also use Visio or OpenOffice.org Draw if you prefer them.  I
will eventually convert them into ODG or SVG before checking them in.

> THIRD to begin adding to the official documentation once I have a clue
> about what is really happening with Netty and perhaps adding other
> suggestions as well.

No problem.  I actually think you can even improve the current
documentation right now because every question and answer about Netty
could be merged into the documentation.  You are doing so far so good!

Cheers,
Trustin