Re: More control over Bayeux protocol – feature request

Luís M. Costa luis.m.costa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:33:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

 About the name conventions, I just gave my contribute to discussion in
another thread.

Danny Dai wrote:

>   3. BayeuxConnection is over wight, it should be split into three
>
> layers(low-level, session-level, per-request)
>
>     The three layers model is cool and useful. It also sounds like the
>
> servlet API. I think the low-level and seesion level shoud be combined
>
> together, they are exactly like current BayeuxConnection. Because
>
> these actions (including close, queue control, handshake and others)
>
> are based on the same object. The "object" here dosen't only refer to
>
> the BayeuxConnection. It means to the Bayeux connection between a pair
>
> of client and server.
>
>     To the per-request level, Bayeux protocol is kind of different. In
>
> one Bayeux request, it may hold more one Bayeux request, which I think
>
> it's the hardest part to provide such a per-request level. Now, there
>
> is a rough way(while loop to get from upstream) to do that. Do you
>
> have more specify suggestions?

  I'm not familiar with servlet API model, but the three layer scheme is
very common. I can agree that low-level connection and session could be
together. I suggested differently because sessions can out live low-level
connections.
  I was thinking in per-request level in a brother sense. I'm ware that
multiple requests can be sent simultaneously, but those, would constitute a
single request. But I also believe that  each of the received request, once
decoded, can be processed individually.

Just a thought,
    Luís M. Costa