Netty on AS

Bozo Juretic bjuretic at inet.hr
Tue Aug 18 01:27:21 EDT 2009

Hello,

is it possible to run netty on an application server (using only client
socket factories), and if so can someone please provide the right
invocation line for threads. Will this work on AS:

ClientSocketChannelFactory cf = new NioClientSocketChannelFactory(
                Executors.newCachedThreadPool(),
                Executors.newCachedThreadPool());

Also, since netty (in my case) needs to be running all the time
(maintaining connection with servers, sending heartbeats etc.), what do
you propose, where to put this kind of functionality in the AS? I would
like to avoid writing JCA adapter.

Best regards,

Bozo