Sessions in Netty

Ron Zohar rzo at gmx.de
Wed Dec 16 02:58:00 EST 2009

Hi,

the hessian support patch i proposed mayabe interesting for u
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY-242

it has  session handler which allows the client to send an RPC request, disconnect and at some later point in time reconnect to receive the reesponses.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY-242

for this, on the server,  the complete pipeline is stored into the session when the client disconnects and then reused when the client reconnects. this is similar to servlet session handling.

-- ron
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 01:21:56 +0900
> Von: "Trustin Lee (이희승)" <trustin at gmail.com>
> An: netty-users at lists.jboss.org
> Betreff: Re: Sessions in Netty

> Hi Carl,
>
> Thanks for amazingly precise answer. :)
>
> On 2009/12/12 8:49 pm, Carl Byström wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:00 AM, thatsanee <martin.rogan.inc at gmail.com
> > <mailto:martin.rogan.inc at gmail.com>> wrote:

> >     I would like to add session like behaviour to my Netty app. In MINA
> >     I would
> >     have set my app session in the IoSession attributes. Then it would
> be
> >     available everywhere via the ubiquitous IoSession.
> >

> > I think it's ChannelLocal you're looking for. It behaves like
> > ThreadLocal and let's you put user specific attributes on each channel.
> >
> > See the release notes of 3.1.0.ALPHA2
> > http://www.jboss.org/netty/community.html#nabble-td1611591
> > and the JavaDoc for ChannelLocal
> >
> http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/netty/freezone/api/3.1/org/jboss/netty/channel/ChannelLocal.html
> >
> > --
> > Carl

Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02