web sockets support

Andrew Bunner abunner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 17:22:24 EST 2009

+1

WebSocket now has implementations in Erlang, Ruby and Python. Jetty
provides the only Java implementation that I know of. I suspect it
will near-completely replace hanging-gets/long-polling/AJAX/comet in
future applications.

Since I'm already using (and like) Netty, I too would like to see it
incorporated into the core Netty release.

I'm hoping to use Netty as the backend for a browser-based game where
the shared state is on the server. Using Websocket would significantly
reduce my bandwidth cost (since no headers are sent on follow-up
requests).

--
// http://abunner.com/andrew/blog/