web sockets support

mheath mheath at apache.org
Sat Dec 19 21:19:29 EST 2009

I submitted a patch for supporting the Web Socket protocol,
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/NETTY-264.

I wrote a post on my blog that refers to a demo app for playing around with
Web Sockets,
http://swamp.homelinux.net/blog/index.php/2009/12/19/web-socket-protocol-support-in-java-using-jboss-netty/
.

Everything works really well on Chromium 4.0.269.0 on Linux.  I haven't
tried any other browsers yet due to the fact that Chromium is the only
browser I know of that runs on Linux and supports the WebSockets API.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

-Mike

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 5:37 AM, Trustin Lee [via Netty Forums and Mailing
Lists] <ml-node+4191328-282906049 at n2.nabble.com<ml-node%2B4191328-282906049 at n2.nabble.com>