Unexpected exception in the selector loop. java.lang.Error: java.net.SocketException: Socket operation on nonsocket: getsockname ...

Wesly smith weslysmith0 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 00:19:25 EST 2009

Hello Trustin,

The bad thing is that the server failed to accept more connections with this
exception.

Also for the memory leak, it is very possible not netty issue. For not
consuming too much your time, I will discuss tomorrow with someone else
here. I will get back to you.

FYI, the very original Windows platform related exception is gone after your
code swallows the exception at revision 748 749..

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your work.

I believe this exception is unrelated with Netty but related with
Windows NIO implementation again because I have never seen this case.
I think you are just safe to ignore this exception if the server can
continue to accept incoming connections.  Let me know if it fails to
accept more connections.

— Trustin Lee, http://gleamynode.net/

--
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Unexpected-exception-in-the-selector-loop.-java.lang.Error%3A-java.net.SocketException%3A-Socket-operation-on-nonsocket%3A-getsockname-...-tp2266877p2267270.html