Reconnecting a client automatically *without losing state*

tsuna tsunanet at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 22:36:49 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 5:36 PM, tsuna <tsunanet at gmail.com> wrote:
> I implemented Twisted's Deferred API in Java and I've been using it
> with much success inside Netty to handle the dynamic lifecycle of my
> requests.  Deferred allows you to easily build an FSM dynamically and
> *implicitly*, meaning you don't have to explicitly define, implement,
> and manage an FSM.  I'm going to open-source this code in a couple of
> weeks or so.  I think an API like Deferred is good enough to entirely
> replace the notion of ChannelPipeline.  It provides the same basic
> features with many more advantages.
> </offtopic>

http://github.com/stumbleupon/async

I've had great success using Deferred in my Netty servers for
asynchronous processing.  I'm going to release a fully asynchronous,
fully non-blocking HBase client (www.hbase.org) written with Netty +
Deferred (will appear on http://github.com/stumbleupon/asynchbase once
I'm ready to release it).

--