Netty C++

John van Roij john.van.roij at quintiq.com
Mon Aug 30 07:03:34 EDT 2010

Hi Marc-André,

Yes, something like protocol buffers or Thrift (Facebook) is a definitely
what we want to use between the environments, especially for components that
must be version independent or when the messages are persistent in some way.

But this would only be a little part of the entire communication framework
we need to build.
On the C++ side i did not find a good framework that comes close to Netty.
We already use Boost Asio, but this is much more low level.

john