Fwd: Patch update: netty-242

rzo rzo at gmx.de
Thu Jan 14 02:08:14 EST 2010

Hi,

just an idea, for those behind a firewall:

you may write a reverse proxy which will receive http and convert it to
asynch remote rpc and forward it
to the rpc server.
generally if going through the internet it is good to have some proxy
inbetween the client and the server.
the netty http proxy could be used as as starting point for this.
this is the reason behind the WAF i mentioned in a previous post on this
list.

advantage of this would be:
high performance for clients which connect per tcp
a buffer between server and client so slow clients do not slow down the
rpc server
higher security, proxy will allow only http hessian rpc requests.
reduce the number of concurrent open connections on the rpc server.
use https over the internet, but not internally
etc..

BTW: tomcat supports cometd
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/aio.html

-- ron