branch ipfilter

rzo rzo at gmx.de
Sun Jan 24 08:37:52 EST 2010

Hello,

what is the state of this branch ? when will this be merged into trunk ?
within my patch netty-242 i have implemented something similar which
works with string patterns instead of CIDR.
I think that string patterns are easier to understand and allows to
filter by host name.

I propose that we merge the implementations.

IpFilterHandler checks the ip at CONNECT. Within my implementation the
check is done during OPEN, which happens before CONNECT.

Why do you think that CONNECT is a better "place" to do the check ?

-- Ron