branch ipfilter

"Trustin Lee (이희승)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 03:07:28 EST 2010

Hello Ron,

If an additional patterns are added, it will be useful.  However, I
guess reverse DNS lookup will take longer time?

By API definition, channelOpen does not necessarily mean
channel.getRemoteAddress() will return non-null, while channelConnected
does mean that the channel is actually connected.  Practically,
getRemoteAddress() will return non-null on channelOpen() for server-side
channels, though.  Perhaps the IpFilterHandler could be improved to
check the IP in channelOpen, too.

I should merge the branch into the trunk but I must admit it has not
been a high priority task.  If you are interested and willing to spend
some time polishing the code and Frederic (the original author, CC'd) is
fine, I'd love to give you the access to the repository.

Cheers,
Trustin

PS: Also, please let me know if you want to maintain the asynchronous
hessian contribution in our svn repository.  I could create a space so
that you don't need to attach the patch files.