increasing memory usage

cyrus77 mahmoodr at kth.se
Wed Jan 27 04:58:05 EST 2010

Hi,

I am using Netty to develop a simple TCP client and connect to a server to
receive data 24x7. The data being transferred is not much, its around 100KB
to 200KB per minute.

The problem is that the client starts allocating memory gradually and after
some hours or a day (depending on how much data is being sent by the server
to this client) the allocated heap memory reaches up to 500 MB!

The thing is that even if I do nothing with the message (do nothing in
messageReceived method) the problem still exist!

I attached the code if you would like to take a look.
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4466226/code.java code.java

Do you have any idea what is wrong with it?

Thanks,
Cyrus