Question about encoders and piplelines.

infectedrhytms infectedrhythms at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:06:52 EST 2010

I have my pipleline as follows...

pipeline.addLast("HeaderIn", new MyByteHeaderDecoder())
pipeline.addLast("StringDecoder", new StringDecoder())
pipeline.addLast("StringEncoder", new StringEncoder())

Now before sending out the final response I need to add a 2 byte 0xFFFF
(Little Endian)  length header.

Now I assume I would add a ByteHeaderEncoder after the StringEncoder?

So...

pipeline.addLast("HeaderIn", new MyByteHeaderDecoder())
pipeline.addLast("StringDecoder", new StringDecoder())
pipeline.addLast("StringEncoder", new StringEncoder())
pipeline.addLast("HeaderOut", new MyByteHeaderEncoder())

Also I guess in my ByHeaderEncoder I would have to find a way to append the
header before the string? Any samples I can look at?

Thanks