Question about encoders and piplelines.

infectedrhytms infectedrhythms at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 2 23:30:42 EST 2010

Ok it seems I can do this with the lengthfield decoder/encoder...

So I want to deal with my request/response as strings and deal with the 2
byte headers...

pipeline.addlast("...", LengthFieldBasedFrameDecoder) <-- Calculate the
request header.
pipeline.addlast("...", StringDecoder) <-- Deal with request as string.
pipeline.addlast("...", LengthFieldPrepender(x)) <-- Calculate the response
header.
pipeline.addlast("...", StringEncoder) <-- Deal with response as string.
pipeline.addlast("...", MyBusinessLogic) <-- Do real cool things to
strings...