HttpStaticFileServer performance

Marzullo coder82 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 05:51:24 EDT 2010

I was wondering if it'd be better to read files within I/O thread or use an
executor before HttpStaticFileServerHandler. In the end,
reading/opening/closing files is I/O, and it's being done synchronously as I
don't think it can be asynchronously without using a support thread. This is
a slow blocking operation being done within I/O thread. Is this a best
effort solution or do you think it'd be better to use an executor or at
least a file cache handler somehow?