HttpStaticFileServer performance

"Trustin Lee (이희승)" trustin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 09:47:24 EDT 2010

HttpStaticFileServerHandler utilizes zero-copy file transfer, so it
shouldn't slow down the server that much, but you are right that file
read takes some time.

If you can do some application level caching, then it could be even better.

Because you can switch Executor implementations to perform file read in
an I/O thread or other thread pool, you could try both configuration to
see what the performance implication would be.

HTH,
Trustin

--
what we call human nature in actuality is human habit
http://gleamynode.net/