Request Information on Java NIO

"이희승 (Trustin Lee)" trustin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 02:44:31 EST 2010

Some JDK versions in AIX block SelectionKey.interestOps(int) calls while
Selector.select() is running.  Most recent JDKs doesn't block and
therefore it is possible to involve less locking.  Netty auto-detects
the JDK vendors and versions to determine if
SelectionKey.interestOps(int) blocks or not.  Old version of Netty
didn't detect old AIX JDK versions correctly, and that was why you
needed to specify the contraintLevel manually.  However, the latest
Netty version should work fine without the manual configuration.

HTH

--
Trustin Lee - http://gleamynode.net/