A small enhancement to ReplayingDecoder

brunodecarvalho kindernade at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:55:34 EST 2010

Interesting!

I still find the "enhanced" (not so enhanced anymore, since it was possible
afterall!) version a little bit more readable/elegant - I have this pet
peeve with returning null, even though I sometimes use it as well.

I'll run a micro-benchmark (I know, I know... they have their flaws) to see
if the overhead of my suggestion compensates for the added readability. If
not, I'll revert back to returning null.

Not that it really matters, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tip!
  Bruno