How to read chuncked Http Data ?

Sumit Arora sumit1234 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 00:32:20 EST 2010

In my Http Server Implementation,

1).First my server recv HttpRequest with Transfer-Encoding=Chunked, and
Server get the request by doing :
   HttpRequest httpRequest = this.request = (HttpRequest) e.getMessage();
inside messageReceived

2).then my server respond back with 200 OK to client

3)Now Client sends Chunked Message as " Length -- Data "  e.g; (11 -
handshake)

Server recv from :

if(!readingChunks)
        { HttpChunk chunk = (HttpChunk) e.getMessage();

}

4)Server send the requisite response back to Client;

5). Now Client sends big chunk of message e.g; ( 2MB - File)..

6) How Server can read this file ?

 I have seen several discussion e.g; FrameDecoder , ChunkedInput etc ? but
didn't find straightforward way ?

Even I tried like this : public class XYZFrameDecoder extends FrameDecoder
{...

Override
    protected Object decode(ChannelHandlerContext ctx,
            Channel channel,
            ChannelBuffer buf) throws Exception
    { ... as available ine xample..

    }

}

and placed to XYZFrameDecoder Pipeline Factory ? but it didn't work, because
it used to be called for every http request. But I have to used a way to
handle this specific chunked request which is greater than 8192 ?

Looking forward to hear your comments ?