[resteasy-dev] The excluded examples

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Tue Jul 12 04:02:48 EDT 2016

Il 12/07/2016 08:57, Jim Ma ha scritto:
> Yes. Alessio, This example requires manually start jboss 7.1.1.Final
> and the code are all same as the workbook examples in resteasy repo now.
>
> I went through all these examples this morning, and here is the status
> for these excluded examples:
>
> * api-clients : This needs twitter's oauth token, flicker's picture
> search service,  manually configure thing. All these things are quite
> old and one of dependency can't be downloaded to build thid this demo.
> Moreover , this demo mainly demonstrates the resteasy client side api
> , but these apis are all deprecated now. So I think we can deprecate
> this demo too.

+1 (for actually removing it)

> * ejb-integration:  This requires manually start jboss 4.2.x. We can
> deprecate this too given we have arquillain CDI and EJB tests
> demonstrate this well.
+1 (for actually removing it)

> * oreilly-workbook-as7: This requires manually start jboss 7.1 and
> latest wildfly doesn't work.
>
> * resteasy-springMVC :  This works and we can include it.
>
> * spring-hibernate-contacts: This works and can be included.
>
> I think we can deprecate and archive api-clients, ejb-integraiton
> examples , and move oreilly-workbook-as7 to another repo for Bill's
> book reader to download.  WDYT?
Well, my personal opinion is that we could simply delete those
oreilly-workbook-as7 examples as they simply duplicate the
oreilly-workbook running on latest WildFly (they just have different
dependencies to run against different target container).
If you're worried about readers of Bill's book, note that the book
actually references a copy of the resteasy/jaxrs material available on
oreillymedia github repository (at least in the second edition copy I
have here).

Cheers
Alessio

--