[resteasy-dev] tjws

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 07:55:24 EDT 2016

Il 01/06/2016 13:08, Weinan Li ha scritto:

>>> Conclusion here on resteasy-dev list was, that we will use WildFly (not Undertow container). See this mail from Alessio: http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/resteasy-dev/2016-May/000008.html
>> I still feel that using wildfly for *all* the tests is overkill (anyway wildfly is using undertow).
> By using undertow for one part of tests, we also gain benefit that we could keep improving our resteasy-undertow adapter.
>
> Currently we have three main adapters:
>
> - undertow adapter
> - netty adapter
> - sun jdk adapter
>
> The undertow adapter is fully covered by JBoss community. Considering the current popularity of JBoss Swarm, I feel that these lightweight and modular solution will be more and more popular.
I see your point; besides for the sun jdk one, which should likely be
dropped (or we simply avoid spending further energies on it), there's
some value in keeping multiple adapters. It's just that we need to have
the wildfly target more tested.
As for using wfly for all tests being overkill... we'll see later, it
really depends on how you implement the solution imho, and as said in
the other email, we should have a configurable mechanism based on
arquillian in the long term.

Cheers
Alessio

--