[resteasy-dev] Old containers (AS7) tests

Ron Sigal rsigal at redhat.com
Wed Jun 1 13:12:59 EDT 2016

Makes sense.

Seeing ValidationTest-AS7 brings something else to mind. Once upon a
time, we were targeting both AS7 and WF8, and they had very different
Hibernate Validator (HV) versions. In particular, AS7 had HV4, based on
Bean Validation spec 1.0 and WF8 had HV5, based on Bean Validation spec
1.1. To accommodate both, I created an adaptation layer
(GeneralValidator) and two submodules:
resteasy-hibernatevalidator-provider for HV4 and
resteasy-validator-provider-11 for HV5. We could deprecate
resteasy-hibernatevalidator-provider now.

-Ron

--
My company's smarter than your company (unless you work for Red Hat)