Rich Widget Factory API that fulfills needs of JSF component JavaScript API

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 09:20:01 EST 2013

Hey guys,

I have found a following issue:

we expose public JSF component API for Widget Factory based component by
allowing to reference widget reference (i.e. call methods directly on
widget instance):

#{rich:component('autocomplete')}.close();

It will make sure that e.g. following methods can be invoked:
http://www.richwidgets.io/api/classes/autocomplete.html

But those methods doesn't have to be as rich as JSF component we had in RF4.

E.g. in Autocomplete, we had methods getValue() and setValue().

Those methods doesn't do anything else than setting an appropriate value to
the input field. In order to allow unified API, we could expose those
methods for RF5 Autocomplete as well, which will be just syntactic sugar in
terms of Widget Factory -based API.

WDYT?

~ Lukas