[rules-dev] eclipse 3.3

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Tue Oct 16 09:24:33 EDT 2007

agatap wrote:
> I would like to ask where I can find out what the road map for drools
> development is?

There is no one single place really, JIRA has a lot of stuff, but also
the blog.
> I am especially interested in finding out when is drools *officially*
> expected to be comatible with eclipse 3.3?

I wasn't planning to do one for drools 4.0.x as we can't do eclipse 3.2
and eclipse 3.3 from the same code base. However there seems to be
uneending demand so we are going to do this for the next 4.0.3 release,
down side is its duplicate effort for the dev team :( However trunk will
remain eclipse 3.3+ and jdk1.5+.
> Another question: is it possible to use eclipses update feature to work on
> the latest (trunk) version of the plugin?

Not yet no, we are looking into it - no idea when it will be done.