[rules-dev] Using Smart GWT library in Guvnor

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:46:07 EST 2010

Hi all,
Baunax and I are making some improvements in Guvnor's rule editor
(from/collect/accumulate support, expression builder widget, etc.) and we
want to start using Smart GWT (http://www.smartclient.com/). This library is
the successor of GWText (the one Guvnor is using now). You can see this in
GWText home page http://code.google.com/p/gwt-ext/.
Some of the reasons we have to move to Smart GWT are:

   - GWTExt is deprecated. It is no longer under active development.
   - Smart GWT is under LGPL license (just like GWTExt)
   - Smart GWT support any version of GWT (from 1.5.3 to 2.0). There
   shouldn't be any problem when we start using GWT 2.xx
   - Smart GWT has a lot of widgets, effects, layouts etc. that can make our
   life easier ;).

Of course we are not going to migrate Guvnor to Smart GWT; we want just to
use it for the new features we are implementing.

So, are you guys agree? Does anyone have any objection?

We are currently working on guvnor_expressionEditor3_baunax_esteban branch.

Best,

Esteban Aliverti