[rules-dev] Drools 5.1 Released - Javadoc broken, badly

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 02:31:01 EDT 2010

Downloaded Drools Javadocs from http://www.jboss.org/drools/downloads.html.

BAD: The javadoc for drools-server, starting at
javadoc/unstable/drools-server/index.html, is completely broken.

BAD: javadoc/unstable/drools-dataloaders-jaxb/index.html and
javadoc/unstable/drools-dataloaders-smooks/index.html (on
javadoc/index.html) are completely missing; I think that the entries should
be removed from javadoc/index.html.

A minor glitch: All the HTML pages linked from  javadoc/index.html, when
displayed in a browser, end with a single line containing "true".

A minor nuisance: javadoc/index.html still contains "5.0.0".

BAD: The following links from the *stable *Javadoc result in "404 page not
found":

./drools-api/org/drools/runtime/StatelessKnowledgeSession.html:<A HREF="
http://www.jboss.com/products/rules/drools-core/apidocs/org/drools/runtime.command.CommandFactory.html"
title="class or interface in
org.drools"><CODE>runtime.command.CommandFactory</CODE></A>,
./drools-api/org/drools/runtime/StatelessKnowledgeSession.html:<A HREF="
http://www.jboss.com/products/rules/drools-core/apidocs/org/drools/runtime.command.BatchExecution.html"
title="class or interface in
org.drools"><CODE>runtime.command.BatchExecution</CODE></A>,
./drools-api/org/drools/runtime/StatelessKnowledgeSession.html:<A HREF="
http://www.jboss.com/products/rules/drools-core/apidocs/org/drools/runtime.ExecutionResults.BatchExecutionResults.html"
title="class or interface in
org.drools"><CODE>runtime.ExecutionResults.BatchExecutionResults</CODE></A>,

./drools-api/org/drools/runtime/StatelessKnowledgeSession.html:<A HREF="
http://www.jboss.com/products/rules/drools-core/apidocs/org/drools/runtime.help.BatchExecutionHelp.html"
title="class or interface in
org.drools"><CODE>runtime.help.BatchExecutionHelp</CODE></A>,
./drools-api/org/drools/runtime/StatelessKnowledgeSession.html:<A HREF="
http://www.jboss.com/products/rules/drools-pipeline/apidocs/org/drools/runtime/pipeline/PipelineFactory.html"
title="class or interface in
org.drools.runtime.pipeline"><CODE>PipelineFactory</CODE></A>,

BAD: There are so many (similar) broken links (I counted 5147 in 721
different HTML files) in the unstable part that I cannot repeat them here.
Try this:

$ cd javadoc/unstable
$ grep -i 'HREF=' $h | grep -v -i -e 'HREF="\.' -e 'http://java.sun.com' |
grep http