[rules-dev] Simple process not working for me...

bobbreitling bob.breitling at rrd.com
Fri Sep 24 18:33:35 EDT 2010

I have one node process with a workflow group with two rules as follows:

rule "Test"
ruleflow-group "StudioSampleListenerValidate"
    when
    then
        System.out.println("GOT HERE FIRST");
    end

rule "StudioSampleListener"
ruleflow-group "StudioSampleListenerValidate"
    when
        processInstance : WorkflowProcessInstance()
    then
        System.out.println("GOT HERE");
    end

Without the first rule (Test) the seconds rules println with not run.

Does this make any sense?

On another front, I am trying to write rules that have constraints that use
a process variable (i.e. passed through the startProcess parameter map).  I
have them registered in my RuleFlow process but my rule never fire.  I am
following the banking example in the Drools book but I am having no luck.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Bob