[rules-dev] [Proposal] Better release process: 2) 5.3.0.Beta1 in 6 weeks from now (5-AUG)

Toni Rikkola toni.rikkola at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 06:34:01 EDT 2011

I don't believe we can ever get the release perfect, but knowing the dates right after the previous release would help with the planning.
Maybe the last 2 weeks should be done using a release branch? We have community people working on new features and using the master to get the codes stable would slow them down. 5.2.x branch was pretty long, still I didn't find it that hard to cherry pick and merge my bug fixes.

Toni