[rules-dev] Drools 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT: NoSuchMethodError => Drools broken

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:40:11 EDT 2011

Laird,

We're alive and you're not alone at all :)
We 're all waiting on Edson and Mark to fix this for us.
Guvnor and droolsjbpm-tools (=eclipse plugin) are also broken meanwhile.

The root of the problem is that both Mark and Edson were working on big
changes when the clearly announced split-up had to be executed.
The unfinished problems of those 2 big changes multiplied against each
other and they 've been working on getting them fixed in the last few weeks.

Because the split-up renamed a lot of artefacts etc, it's not practical
to use guvnor/droolsjbpm-tool on the latest working snapshots.

Since recently, drools-core is testing successfully, but drools-compiler
isn't, so only the former is deployed, so this is also annoying,
I am investigating that part:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5196203/configure-a-hudson-maven-job-to-keep-building-if-there-are-test-failures-but-onl

Op 11-03-11 20:00, Esteban Aliverti schreef:
> Drools trunk has been unstable from some weeks now. According to
> Hudson ( https://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/Drools%20jBPM/) it has
> been never built since the codebase was split up.
> I think hudson should be green soon. But you are not the only one
> waiting for it :)
>
> Best Regards,
>
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> Esteban Aliverti
> - Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com <http://www.plugtree.com>
> - Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com
>

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 2:54 PM, ljnelson <ljnelson at gmail.com
> <mailto:ljnelson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Just checking in to see if anyone is alive on this list;
>     downloaded a new
>     drools-core SNAPSHOT today which did not fix the problem.
>
>     Best,
>     Laird
>
>     --

With kind regards,