[rules-dev] On the validity of drools-5.2.xsd.

Mats Erik Andersson mats.andersson at gisladisker.se
Thu Sep 1 06:31:30 EDT 2011

fredag den 26 augusti 2011 klockan 13:09 skrev Mats Erik Andersson detta:
> Dear all,
>
> below "drools-compiler/src/../META-INF/" lies the XML Schema
> "drools-5.2.xsd". After a removing the namespace "drools",
> which makes it an invalid schema, and the trivial update
> of some XML rule files to rerer to "5.2" instead of "5.0",
> there is a persistent problem that the logical model presently
> encoded in "drools-5.2.xsd" still fails to validate
>
>     test_ParseAccumulate.xml
>
>     test_ParseLhs.xml
>
>     test_ParseRule.xml
>
>     test_SimpleRule1.xml

Let me confirm that a rewritten schema using

    * two cardinality changes 'maxOccurs="unbounded"'

    * removal of the extension constructs for all AND and OR connectives,
      replacing this by "xs:choice" constructs.

    * insertion of the relevant "and-*-*" and "or-*-*" in the relevant
      type used for abstraction, thus eliminating later extension

does lead to a schema that validates also the above four rule files.
I am using "xmllint-2.7.8" to perform validation, working in the firm
belief that not only Java specific tools be the sole instruments
of choice.

Who is the author of the official XML Schema "drools-5.2.xsd"?
Clearly I need to discuss matters with him or her.

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson