[rules-dev] BUG: [5.3.0.Final] CollectSetAccumulateFunction should probably use IdentityHashMap internally

Edson Tirelli ed.tirelli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 13:55:44 EST 2012

   I am sure he would not deny that... :) you are helping to make the world
a better place... :)

   In any case, please open a JIRA so that this does not get lost in the
e-mails. It is a low hanging fruit, very isolated and simple to fix. So
anyone looking for a starting work to contribute to the project can do it.
Otherwise I will do it when I get the time.

   Thanks,
       Edson

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 1:45 PM, SirMungus <Patrick_Rusk at ssga.com> wrote:

> Edson Tirelli-4 wrote
> >
> > I see what you are saying and I think it works. Although, it will be
> > heavier, it would cover scenarios not covered by the current
> > implementation.
> >
> >    My suggestion is if you can, please create a test case for the
> problem,
> > change the collectSet accumulate function to do what you propose and send
> > pull request. I will review it and apply. I think in this case, making
> > user's life easier by not requiring immutability might trump performance,
> > but we need to evaluate some tests just in case.
> >
> Edson, thanks for the offer.  I'll see what I can do.  Since I work at a
> financial services company, I practically have to get Obama's permission to
> do anything official on an open source project. :)

  Edson Tirelli
  JBoss Drools Core Development
  JBoss by Red Hat @ www.jboss.com