[rules-dev] Template Rules and Knowledge Agent Change Sets

Michael Donovan mikedonovan1987 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 11:50:27 EST 2013

Hello,

In my application I create rules using a template.  The application allows
users to specify the when clause of a rule and then builds a knowledge base
by taking the when clauses stored in the database and joining them with the
template.  I am trying to solve the problem of incrementally updating the
knowledge base when the information stored in the database has been
updated/inserted/deleted without completely rebuilding the entire knowledge
base.

I was looking at using Knowledge Agent change sets to do this.  I was
wondering if there are any options other than supplying a change set xml
file to manipulate the knowledge base?  I believe I can make it work with
what is outlined in the documentation and in the blog posts but I want to
understand all my options so I can make a solid implementation decision.
Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!