[rules-dev] problem with droolsjbpm git repo ?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 11:12:11 EDT 2013

Weird. Haven't seen this reported before.

Can you a do a "hd pom.xml" comparison on 2 versions of the file to show
what's different on every line?
Maybe it's not the line ending, but tabs instead of spaces for example.

Op 22-03-13 14:37, Cristiano Gavião schreef:
> Hi Geoffrey,
>
> well, as I use macos the default is the unix end-of-line characters
> and always when I create a new workspace, the first thing that I do is
> to change the encode to UTF-8
>
> Worth to say that that problem is happening only in jbpmdroos
> repositories... I have more than hundred projects that I work here... :(
>
> On 22/03/13 10:09, Geoffrey De Smet wrote:
>> Here's the relevant eclipse section:
>>
>>  *
>>
>>     Set the correct file encoding (UTF-8 except for properties files)
>>     and end-of-line characters (unix):
>>
>>       o Open menu /Window/, menu item /Preferences/.
>>
>>         Click tree item /General/, tree item /Workspace/
>>
>>           + Label /Text file encoding/, radiobutton /Other/, combobox
>>             |UTF-8|.
>>           + Label /New text file delimiter/, radiobutton /Other/,
>>             combobox |Unix|.
>>
>>         Click tree item /XML/, tree item /XML Files/.
>>
>>           + Combobox /Encoding/: |ISO 10646/Unicode(UTF-8)|.
>>
>>         Click tree item /CSS/, tree item /CSS Files/.
>>
>>           + Combobox /Encoding/: |ISO 10646/Unicode(UTF-8)|.
>>
>>         Open tree item /HTML/, tree item /HTML Files/.
>>
>>           + Combobox /Encoding/: |ISO 10646/Unicode(UTF-8)|.
>>
>>         Note: normal i18n properties files must be in |ISO-8859-1| as
>>         specified by the java |ResourceBundle| contract.
>>
>>           + Note on note: GWT i18n properties files override that and
>>             must be in |UTF-8| as specified by the GWT contract.
>>

>> Op 22-03-13 14:05, Geoffrey De Smet schreef:
>>> Check if your IDE settings are compatible with our defaults.
>>> Eclipse:
>>> https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-build-bootstrap/blob/master/README.md#developing-with-eclipse
>>> IntelliJ: