[rules-users] Need Inputs on Project

Kalyan Mudumbai kalyan120 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:01:01 EST 2007

Hi,

We are considering to use JBoss Rules for one of our new projects. The end
product is pretty much a transaction processing engine - where in we get
some trades and we need to process the trades and insert them into the
database. As we can get many trades and as there are many conditions that
have to be satisfied and a lot of enrichment that needs to be done, we want
to make use of some rule based engine to validate and enrich the incoming
data. The application has to support quite a significant amount of
throughput in a concurrent system where trades can get processed on multiple
threads.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever considered JBoss Rules for time critical
scenarios. If anyone has some performance figures that would be of immense
help.

Cheers
Kalyan