[rules-users] Package declaration problem

dileep_sivaraman dileep_sivaraman at infosys.com
Fri Mar 9 05:36:47 EST 2007

Our drl file snippet looks something like this :

Snippet :

<package name="com.bofa.strata.component.rules"
xmlns="http://drools.org/drools-3.0"
xmlns:java="http://drools.org/semantics/java"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xs chemaLocation="http://drools.org/drools-3.0 drools-3.0.xsd
                   http://drools.org/semantics/java java.xsd">

<import
name="com.bofa.strata.component.rules.ProcessRuleHelper.ProcessRuleDTO" />
<import name="com.bofa.TS.AIM.IV.components.JobRequestInfo" />
<import name="com.bofa.strata.interfaces.IValueObject" />
<import name="com.bofa.strata.component.service.ServiceRequest" />
<import name="com.bofa.TS.AIM.IV.components.CheckItem" />
<import name="com.bofa.strata.presentation.accountrecord.AcctRcdItem" />
<import name="com.bofa.TS.AIM.IV.components.EstmtItem" />
<import name="java.util.List" />
<import name="java.lang.String" />
<import name="java.util.ArrayList" />

When we try to fire the rules we get the following exception.

org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage: Function Compilation error
Rule Compilation error The import com.bofa.TS cannot be resolved

When we change the package from "com.bofa.strata.component.rules"  to
"com.bofa.TS.AIM.IV" ,it compiles fine.

Queries :

1) How do we arrive at a safe package name?
2) On what basis is the error thrown ?