[rules-users] Rete diagram legend - what do all the colors mean?...

Olenin, Vladimir (MOH) Vladimir.Olenin at moh.gov.on.ca
Fri Mar 9 16:27:51 EST 2007

Hi,

I was trying to make some sense out of Rete Diagram for my rules (DROOLS
3.1M), and one of the questions I have is what all these colors mean? There
are red, blue, yellow, green, orange, white, cyan and black circles.... I
might be wrong, but I think this should mean something!

Also, I noticed that by default the diagram is displayed in 'layers' of
dots. In my case I have 7 layers, the top one being the 'root' I assume
(single white circle). The 'widest' layer is the middle one - the forth
layer. So, generally the diagram has a diamond shape. I wonder if one can
use this kind of visual information to make a rough estimation/assumption on
how efficient his rules/constraints are, some hints into optimization,
etc....

Thanks,

Vlad