[rules-users] bug in 3.1M?

Olenin, Vladimir (MOH) Vladimir.Olenin at moh.gov.on.ca
Fri Mar 9 16:49:13 EST 2007

Hi,

I've run across one thing. If I evaluate two columns within 'exists'
statement it throws compilation error if I don't connect two columns with
'and':

Exists (

            Column (...)

            Column (...)

)

With 'and' everything compiles OK:

Exists (

            Column (...) and

            Column (...)

)

Which is correct? Or probably both are not correct? From the 3.1M release
notes I can suggest there is another syntax (which works as well):

Exists (

                        Column (...) and

            Exists Column (...)

)

I thought #1 should work OK.... I'm not sure what #2 might mean for DROOLS.
>From the rules & data I'm processing and results I'm getting it seems like
it works as #1 should, ie, checking existence of the tuple represented by
the columns within the 'exists' block....

Thanks,

Vlad