[rules-users] Rete diagram legend - what do all the colors me an?...

Olenin, Vladimir (MOH) Vladimir.Olenin at moh.gov.on.ca
Mon Mar 12 15:46:09 EDT 2007

Is 'matches' operator optimized?

Vlad

  _____

From: rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org
[mailto:rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Mark Proctor
Sent: 12 March 2007 14:53
To: Rules Users List
Subject: Re: [rules-users] Rete diagram legend - what do all the colors me
an?...

not really, all I can say is try and work with flat models and '=='
operators for performance - we currently don't optimise != or number ranges.
Avoid eval, predicate and return value unless you really need them. Keep
your consequences short and avoid flow logic in them, i.e. 'if'/'switch '
statements.

Mark
Olenin, Vladimir (MOH) wrote:

Ok, found the descriptions - for anyone interested, you need to switch into
'JBoss Rules' prospective and open 'Properties' tab. This way whenever you
select a node, information about the node would be displayed there
(Properties tab won't get activated automatically).

Mark, any general hints on correlations between diagram 'look' & performance
implications? (eg, "the more 'alpha' nodes, the worse/the better is
performance", "the more connections to the node, the ____ is performance",
etc)

Thanks

  _____