[rules-users] $drools variable not available under 3.1M?

Olenin, Vladimir (MOH) Vladimir.Olenin at moh.gov.on.ca
Mon Mar 12 16:27:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I was trying to access '$drools' variable from the RHS of the rule, but keep
on getting compilation errors: $drools can't be resolved. The docs for 3.0.5
mention that 'drools' variable is made available to the user from the RHS of
the rule... I wonder if it's a bug or I'm doing smth wrong? Here is an
excerpt from the rule:

Rule "xxx"

            When

        System.out.println($drools);

end

For other purposed I have these list of imports in the header:

import org.drools.spi.KnowledgeHelper;

import org.drools.base.DefaultKnowledgeHelper;

import org.drools.spi.Tuple;

import org.drools.rule.Rule;

Thanks,

Vlad