[rules-users] Error compiling rules (3.1M1). NoSuchMethodError: EclipseJavaCompiler.<init>(java/util/Map)

S Reed sreed at spamcop.net
Wed Mar 14 12:11:48 EDT 2007

Thank you, Tom.

I replaced antlr-2.7.6 with 2.7.7 and antlr 3.0ea8 with the 3.0b5 that
came with the Drools 3.1M1 release.
I upgraded stringtemplate to 3.0.
None of these changes helped which is not too surprising since the error
is in the commons-jci code:

    org.apache.commons.jci.compilers.EclipseJavaCompiler.<init>(Ljava/util/Map;)V.

I have a critical question. If you removed
commons-jci-eclipse-3.2.0.666.jar, what did you replace it with? Since
the error I am getting is in that jar, I am very interested in this
answer. There is no version of that jar in the 3.1M1 release.

If anyone else can weigh in here and enlighten me I'd appreciate it.

  Scott

Tom Gonzalez's message received 3/13/2007 6:43 PM: