[rules-users] Error compiling rules (3.1M1). NoSuchMethodError: EclipseJavaCompiler.<init>(java/util/Map)

Tom Gonzalez tomgon at nortel.com
Wed Mar 14 12:32:46 EDT 2007

COMPILER - rule assembly time
Rule compiler takes rules in some textual format and prepares binary
Packages of rules for deployment. This depends on the CORE RUNTIME.

    * drools-core
    * drools-compiler - the rule compiler itself.
    * antlr3 - only if you are using native DRL. if only using XML, you
can skip this.
    * xerces, xml-apis - only if you are using XML rules, if DRL only,
can skip this.
    * commons-jci-core
          o This also requires only one pair out of:
                + commons-jci-eclipse, core-3.2 - for eclipse JDT to
compile the java semantics (this is default)
                + commons-jci-janino, janino - for janino. To use this
option, set -Ddrools.compiler=JANINO or use PackageBuilderConfiguration?
class.
    * commons-logging - used by various dependencies.
    * commons-lang - used for string manipulation in various
dependencies.
    * stringtemplate, anlr-2.7.6 - used in generating semantic code.

Tom G