[rules-users] Struggling with Rule syntax - please help...

jdepaul jjdepaul at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 15 10:44:09 EDT 2007

I'm having trouble figuring out syntax for my rules - could someone please
steer me in the right direction - it's been a frustrating few days and no
luck.  I need to check existence of various attributes from the
SHIPMENT_MOVE fact against a list of values (same list) I fetch from the
DB...

Get $valuesList from a DAO - then...

If SHIPMENT_MOVE.customer_code = "abc" and SHIPMENT_MOVE.reference_code
exists in $valuesList
OR
SHIPMENT_MOVE.customer_code = "abc" and SHIPMENT_MOVE.shipping_code exists
in $valuesList
OR
SHIPMENT_MOVE.customer_code = "abc" and SHIPMENT_MOVE.partner_code exists in
$valuesList

I have the following rule working fine:

$shipment SHIPMENT_MOVE(customer_code = "abc")
	LookupTableResult ( resultValue == 1 ) from lookupDAO.getLookup(...)

But I'm having real problems with writing a rule like this:

when
	SHIPMENT_MOVE(customer_code == "abc", $list contains ship_code) OR
	SHIPMENT_MOVE(customer_code == "abc", $list contains deliver_code) OR
	SHIPMENT_MOVE(customer_code == "abc", $list contains port_code)

Your guidance will be appreciated -

Thanks,
James

P.S.